30 Aug 2016

Katrina is not commitment phobic



After a couple of box office disappointments like Phantom (2015) and Fitoor (2016), Katrina looks set to reclaim her place in the spotlight with Baar Baar Dekho, which is being buzzed about because of her hit Kaala chashma number, her stunning bikini body and her easy chemistry with Sidharth. No matter what she is going through in her personal life, Katrina is making sure that she gives 200% in all the work that she is doing. The star opens up about love, work and her future.
You have just returned from participating in the Dream Team tour concerts in USA along with Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, xVarun Dhawan, Parineeti Chopra etc. How was the experience?

The entire tour was such a positive experience. We got so much love and an amazing audience response. I don’t think I had expected to see so much support from the audience. Even though the boys are relatively new, they got an amazing response too.

And now you will be seen opposite Sidharth Malhotra in Baar Baar Dekho. How would you describe your chemistry with him?

I believe that there needs to be chemistry in the script for it to be portrayed by two actors. Of course, it helps if you get along with your co-actor and there is trust. Sid is an easy person to work with, very steady, a great performer and in control of what he is doing.

Would you consider Baar Baar Dekho a safe film?

There’s nothing which you can really call a safe film. Either it connects with the audience or it doesn’t. If we could know that, we would only do hit films. I have been pretty fortunate that for most of the part, the audiences have supported the films I’ve done. BBD is one of the best scripts I’ve heard. It moved me personally. I thought if it connects with me, it will connect with everyone.

Baar Baar Dekho tackles commitment phobia. Do you think guys these days are running away from marriage?

It isn’t a gender thing but a personal thing. There are many women who don’t want to settle down but would rather focus on their careers and I also know many men who would do the same thing. If one has to generalise, then by nature women are more inclined towards family, attachment and protection. Most women are like that. There are women who feel differently. But if you ask me personally, then I would like to choose both. I am not at all commitment phobic.

How did you get that bikini body for the song Sau Aasmaan?

The physical shape for the particular portion in BBD is not done with the intention of looking glamorous. It’s an intention to create a different look between two different ages that I portray in the film. In the film, they are at an age when they are married and there wasn’t much we could do with add-ons; so we wanted to give that difference in physicality. We have mainly seen guys like Aamir Khan do that in the way they bring that change in their weight. In Dangal, you all will see the huge transformation Aamir has done. You just have to have discipline and put in the hours...there’s no shortcut.

The film showcases you at different ages...35. 46 and 60. How do you picture yourself at those ages?

Well, 35 is pretty near. 46 is kinda far away. Honestly, I can’t even picture myself three days from now. It’s been a whirlwind year for me and there’s a lot on my plate. So now my focus is on what I am doing immediately. It’s a short term plan.

Buzz is that you will act in Aanand Rai’s next film with Shah Rukh Khan and the Ek Tha Tiger sequel with Salman Khan. Can you confirm?

I never speak about my films till I sign them. I haven’t signed any film yet. Let me put it this way...when that happens, I shall announce it to you guys.
Source - New Indian Express

Follow by Email